Policy for students with learning or physical disabilities
We are committed to support and welcome students who have a physical or learning disability and to minimise the impact that their disability has on their learning and overall experience of the school.
Child protection policy:
The aims of our Child Protection Policy are:
- To ensure that all students, but in particular those under 18, are able to study in a safe and secure environment.
- To ensure that all students under 18 are aware of the various support services available to them.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of the Child Protection Policy and procedures, so that if a problem arises they know who to direct the student to.
- To ensure that all staff who come into regular unsupervised contact with students under 18, particularly those with pastoral and welfare responsibilities, are checked for their suitability through the CRB.
- To have clear procedures for monitoring the welfare of students under 18 as well as for acting upon any problems which arise involving students under 18.
The aims of our admissions policy are :
- To ensure accurate advice is given to agents and direct applicants with regard to visa requirements, appropriate courses and accommodation options.
- To ensure students are registered correctly and that all arrangements are in place prior to arrival.
- To ensure internal policies are applied when the applicant has learning disabilities and/or it is a 16-17 year old.
Health and safety policy
Malvern House acknowledges its legal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated legislation and Codes of Practice, and gives its full commitment to doing everything practicable to protect the safety, health and welfare of all its employees, students and any other persons whose health and safety may be affected by the company’s business.
We aim to provide the best possible service while you are studying Malvern House. However if you are unhappy about your course, accommodation or our service etc. you can contact reception where you will be asked to give details of your concerns/complaint.