FCE is the First Certificate in English by University of Cambridge ESOL examinations and is accredited by the UKBA for visa application purposes (Tier 4). It is an ideal exam for people who want to use English for work or study purposes.
With the FCE exam preparation course you will:
- Prepare to take the FCE exam with improved confidence.
- Improve your General English by increasing your confidence and ability to use the language more effectively.
- Improve all areas of English; be able to read and hear more effectively, write more accurately, speak more fluently and accurately and increase your vocabulary range in written and spoken English.
- Get a globally recognised certificate that is valid for life.
- Build confidence in using English in real life situations.
This fixed-length course is intensive and focused on Cambridge FCE examination preparation work and practice. You must complete a written entry test which may be combined with an interview to assess the level of spoken English before we can guarantee a place. Due to the focused and intensive nature of the course, you should be serious and committed to maximise your chances of good results. You will take a full mock exam with added opportunities to practise with past papers to give you an idea of what to expect. This way you will get used to different exam tasks, timings and exam conditions and you will develop good exam techniques. Homework is an integral part of the course and will allow you to identify, practise and improve in the areas you need to focus on at home based on your teacher's individualised feedback.
We will help you book the exam once you have started the course. The fee is not included in our prices and has to be paid at the school. Results will be available online between 4 and 6 weeks after the paper-based exam. Certificates are posted 4 to 6 weeks after the results have been published.
* This course is subject to availabilty.