MH students are going to Wimbledon on 25th June.
- Leaders: Gordon and Imran
- Meeting time: 8am
- Meeting point: Southfields underground station - latecomers will NOT be waited for
- Price: £20 (cash only, cards not accepted)
We will make our way to the Wimbledon grounds at 8am. You should expect to queue for up to three hours. Payment of £20 can be made in cash only, to be paid at the entrance. This gives you access to all courts but central courts 1 and 2 (queue again from 3pm for these courts and pay £5).
Once inside, you will no longer be led by our staff.
You are then free to watch the matches of your choice (check www.wimbledon.com for full info). These will most likely be second round matches, involving both men and women. A match can last from 40 minutes to the whole day. Access to each court is on a first-come first-served basis so check out which matches you want to see in advance! Matches will probably be on until 7 or 8pm but students may choose to leave at any time.
Students are invited to an after party at the Verve in Covent Garden - free entrance before 9pm.
- Check the TFL website in order to plan your journey for the day.
- Bring some waterproof clothes or an umbrella
- Cafés are available once inside the grounds so you can buy some food.